Check out how you can get involved!
Our current operations include rescue, triage, short-term medical treatment, and transfer of birds to long-term rehab facilities or education groups. Volunteer possibilities at the moment include help with transportation and various behind-the-scenes assignments. As we expand into long-term rehabilitation and education in the future, we will welcome offers to help in those areas.
Some jobs require training, and some entail a commitment to serve for a certain period of time. For any tasks that may involve hands on work with raptors, protective gear will be provided. All volunteers will be asked to sign a release and waiver of claims and liability.
If you have any questions about volunteering or would like to discuss specific possibilities, please don’t hesitate to contact us by phone 319-248-9770 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
AREAS OF NEED
- Travel to a rendezvous location to pick up a raptor in distress.
- Transport a raptor from our clinic to a rehab or education facility.
This requires a valid driver’s license and a good driving record, and a vehicle that can accommodate a box 2 feet tall (large enough for an eagle). Some training is required.
- These might include fund-raising, finance, volunteer recruitment and coordination, facilities, community relations, marketing, or others that the board decides to create.
Committee members should have some knowledge and/or experience relevant to the charge of the committee, or a willingness to learn quickly. A commitment to attend meetings and participate in committee tasks is expected.
- Legal, financial, medical, construction, educational, technology, or other credentialed expertise.
If you are interested in any of these jobs, please download our volunteer application (you must download the form to your computer to be able to type into it) and mail it us, and we will be in touch with you soon.
Steps in applying to volunteer:
- Fill out and mail in the application.
- Phone or in-person interview.
- Reference check.
- Training as needed.