Some of these items (such as medical supplies) must be new in order for us to be able to use them — these are marked as such. Others can be gently used as long as they are in good working order.
We now have an Amazon Wish List with many of the items below listed. You can simply go to the list, select an item or items, and you will be given the option to ship them directly to RARE when you check out! If you are an Amazon Prime Member, most of the items will ship free.
Please note! Not all items on the list will allow you to write a note to us in “gift options,” so please send us a message to let us know you purchased a gift for us!
Other than purchasing from the above wish list, if you have or can purchase an item on this list, please email us so that we can be sure your donation doesn’t duplicate other donations and meets our needs, and so that we can tell you where to bring or send your gift. Let us know if you have questions about any of these items.
For our record-keeping, we ask that you download and fill out our donation form below (you must download the form to your computer to be able to type into it) and include it with your gift.
This list will be updated from time to time, so please check back.
- Utility/work table, 30″ to 36″ square, steel or laminate, folding
- Table/desk lamps (2), full spectrum
- Floor lamps, full spectrum (2)
- Step stool, 1-step
- Wire shelving, 30″ wide, 4-5 shelves
- Floor mats, plastic, 36″x48″ (8)
- Exam/procedure floor light, on casters ($75-$385)
- Autoclave (~$2100)
- X-ray machine and supplies (films, cartridges, apron)
- X-ray film developer
- Laser machine
- Slides and cover slips for microscope
- “HotDog” brand veterinarian warming unit – $1,895, plus 2 blankets – $700
- The HOT DOG warmer is a way to give our patients thermal heat support while they are under anesthesia, or it is good to provide warmth while being examined. Some birds present to us already in shock, and their bodies can not regulate their body temperature well. Find out more here: http://hotdogwarming.com/products/
- Heavy-duty kitchen shears (2)
Medical supplies (on-going)
- Porous medical bandage tape, 1/2″, 1”, 2″ (new)
- Rubbing alcohol (new)
- Cotton balls (new)
- Adhesive bandages (Tegaderm, various sizes) (new)
- Cotton tipped applicators (long Q-tips) (new)
- Cotton rolls (new)
- Conforming stretch gauze bandage, 3″ (new)
- Gauze pads: 2”x2” and 4”x4” (new)
- VetWrap or CoBand, all widths (new)
Lab, cage, and cleaning supplies (on-going)
- Distilled water (new)
- Vinegar (new)
- Latex and non-latex exam gloves, all sizes (new)
- Ziplock bags, sandwich and 1-qt. sizes (new)
- Garbage bags
- Carpet scraps
- Daisy mats (welcome mats made of fake grass, usually have a plastic daisy in the corner)
- Poultry shears
- Large cardboard boxes for transport (2’ high for eagles, 1’ high for owls and hawks)
- Masking tape, 1”
- Duct tape, 2”
- Packing tape, 2”
- Scrubbing sponges
- Dish soap
- Tide pods (laundry soap)
- Large trash bags
- Long-handled scrub brushes
- Bath towels
- Wash cloths
- Paper towels
Office equipment and supplies
- Computer (new)
- Printer (new)
- Cable modem (new)
- NOTHING RIGHT NOW- THANKS!